The angel shark shuffle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on April 09, 2004 at 11:01:54:

In Reply to: big difference between,.,,,,,,,,,, posted by ChrisM on April 09, 2004 at 10:23:39:

As I said, "...it might not be "nice" to play the angel shark shuffle. In the vast scheme of things this was a pretty petty thing for everybody to pile on. And no actual animals were harmed inthe making of their movie."

Besides, I think the "hulking hardware store" swiming by was frightening enough that the fish already had been upset.

I do get worried that we often get a little too carried away with our fears of harrassment. The seas are ravaged with gill nets, animals are hunted to the point of extinction, toxic pollution is released into the rivers and waterways in most of the world.

In the vast scheme of things, tickling a few sharks does not excite me. I thought that there was a chance that maybe a few non-divers would see that and decide to take the plunge and notice the world that divers know about. This might cause more people to worry about the long term issues facting our planet's systems.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]