Don't be a complete moron, you will give morons a bad name!

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RealityCheck on April 20, 2004 at 21:28:58:

In Reply to: Re: What are you trying to sell - and who are you trying to sell it to? posted by A real reality check on April 20, 2004 at 18:48:07:

Elaine, I made perfect sense, maybe that is why you can't understand it? Let me spell it out for you: using artificial bursts of amplfied light directed into the eyes of fish startles them because it is unnatural..since you do it at night you can temporarily blind a fish from seeing enemies that might consume it.....how do you feel that you render fish defenseless? What gives you the right?!

Stop harassing marine life with your unnaturally amplfied strobes terrorizing poor little creatures....

Elaine, how do you justify stressing fish out like that and putting them at risk?

Admirable, highly professional photos by the way, I always look for your work and show others.

As to rebreathers, you guys are just pissed off at something you do not understand....I can't speak for the store or their training standards, but personally, do I need to be wearing a wetsuit if I was an instructor teaching students who are wearing wetsuits? I know, let's force female students to wear catheters and p-valves on deep deco training dives so they can be like the male instructors.....we can't have a difference in equipment, now, can we?!

Oh, and nothing ever goes wrong with open circuit diving, that is why there are more dive deaths per dive numbers then rebreathers which are far more frequently used on extreme dives down to 400 feet yet statistically are safer then open circuit divers are.

Guess what the safety divers for world record freedives use? Yep, ECCR's.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]