Buddy System needs some blame here also.

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojostone on April 30, 2004 at 10:50:02:

In Reply to: Bulls**t posted by Ken Kurtis on April 29, 2004 at 16:11:15:

I don't really place the blame on the Captain as much as I do, the divemaster and dive buddy. I would have no problem with diving with this Captain. I would have to give Ocean Adventures Dive Co. some very serious thought.

I very rarely dive with a buddy. Most of my dives are solo dives. I have my own personal rules for my safety. That I follow religiously.

The times I do dive with a buddy. I make sure I am in constant aware of his position and condition all thru the dive. I follow this religiously. When my buddy aborts a dive. I am with them all the way. If I get separated and can't find my buddy. I surface and look till I find my buddy. Those without sin can cast the first stone. Most buddies are not really utilizing the buddy system. How many divers stick to their buddy. I love solo diving, but when I dive with a buddy. I take it seriously.

I rarely boat dive. Reminds me to much of a cattle herd and little of the realm of underwater freedom. That I seek. Please correct me if I am wrong. I always considered oil rig diving a advanced dive due to the currents involved. I know I would not enter into a oil rig dive underweighted. I do not consider myself a advanced diver. Just a diver that uses the right amount of weight.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]