Re: was wondering when you were going to chime in!

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Divers Ramblings on May 01, 2004 at 00:09:38:

In Reply to: was wondering when you were going to chime in! posted by TechDiver on April 30, 2004 at 11:56:09:

How about submiting to PADI for a role call speciality? Better yet, we could require a Galley speciality so that no one gets food poisoning.
This makes me sick! I am sure Ray followed safety measures. Most of all relying on the boat DIVEMASTER to do his job. I can't believe that in addition to maintaing and piloting the vessel, that the Captian would be required to do a head count of people that SHOULD be screened by the person setting the trip up. I would ask myself,"Are the people ready for this type of dive?" This sounds like a case of someone trying to make a profit on a charter without reguard for the safety of the participants.
I guess this is what you get when you hire a divemaster and pay him $0-50.00. I would think that someone responsible for 30 people should be compensated a bit better. This may raise the bar for all divemasters for the future of diving. This sport does NOT need to be accessible to all. It should be more expensive to particpate. And none of the fees should go to any governmental agency.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]