The line on crazy.

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on May 05, 2004 at 07:24:18:

In Reply to: Dive for fun? What are you crazy? posted by stephen clark on May 04, 2004 at 20:54:09:

I see the humor in your post. Macho divers are people I avoid. I also believe people who are not responable. Should not dive. Responable to themselves, to their fellow diver and to the enviroment.

Everyone has a line drawn or should have a line drawn. On what is crazy and what is not. Depending on their level of expertise. Some people no doubt think I am crazy for solo diving. I think people who do over head diving are nuts. Cave divers are adrenaline junkies or addicted to rules and procedures or both. I once meet some cave divers at Ginnie Springs, Florida. If these divers were have fun. They kept it well hidden. They were also the rudest divers I ever saw.

I use to live below Horsetail Falls in the Sierra mountains. This tall waterfall would freeze over in the winter. Ice climbers would climb the face of this frozen waterfall. I can't tell you how many times I had seen huge sheets of ice fall off the face of that waterfall. I still cannot understand why people felt the need to risk their life there. Besides if they were killed I would have to haul their monkey ass down the mountain.

My line on crazy. I never scuba dive into any situation. Unless I can get out of it without scuba. My free diving skills are my line. I am a purely recreational diver. I dive for fun and to get away from all the crazies in the world ;-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]