Re: re bbearfeld's earlier comments on drifting dan

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on May 11, 2004 at 13:44:57:

In Reply to: re bbearfeld's earlier comments on drifting dan posted by bruce bearfeld on May 11, 2004 at 02:28:00:

I really can't say how you made such a fan of John, but I should point out one error in what you said. No one really wanted to get on the skipper's case. Obviously the diver, his budies and the DM, especially the DM made serious mistakes. Ray on the other hand is a well respected skipper known for being more than just a diver delivery system. His reputation is such that no one wants to see him be blamed for what happened. It was observed though that it is the captain that will probably and traditionally suffer the worste consequences for the mishap.
Myself, as an engineer, build systems with failure in mind. Engineers just look at it that way. That is why I recommended a tank count as just being an independant redundant system. It's just standard practice when developing systems. Actually, in software, that is my first question. What is it supposed to do when the primary system fails?
For the most part, the people that posted are just serious concerned divers discussing what went on and how it all happened. It was mostly a friendly, reasonable discussion amoungst people that all know of each other.
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]