Buried Treasure ;-0 White Point

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Field on May 12, 2004 at 17:51:58:

Hello

I think you divers are Southern Calif..

I wanted to through this up for discussion to see what the odds are. My name is Dan Field, I am not a diver but seeking advise.

Last Sat 5-8-04 I lost my Racing Glider at White Point, White is the next point up from Pt Fermin Light. Total radio failure during a slope race. Plane is 10 feet wing span and weight was 8 pounds, 3 lbs of steel ballast, plane is fiberglass.

Plane floated for about 2 hours in the Kelp beds about 200 yards diagonally off the point and was stationary for the last hour and a half, most likely caught in the kelp.

Plane is most likely useless now, but I won't know for sure. I really want to examine it to find out why.

I don't know the current, water clearity and Diving info such as tide or whatever, hence why I am looking for the experts.

I would throw a $ 100 at it just to try adn $ 200 if anyone found the plane to cover some air and gas and hopefully you get to have some fun looking for something.

Any Ideas, or a total waste of time?

pic here,, http://gliderking.com /second center column story, "whites F3F" Pics/ page 3

regards,
Dan Field

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]