blaming the victim

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on May 17, 2004 at 19:03:12:

In Reply to: Re: The buck stops with Ray! posted by MJG on May 17, 2004 at 18:19:53:

No mater what the diver did wrong there is absolutly no excuse for leaving the dive site without him. I the diver had drifted off and the boat stayed on site looking for him Ray would not have had his licence suspended.
It dosn't matter that the diver screwed up. What matters is that the boat left the dive site thinking he was onboard. If you don't understand that you truly need to get a clue. The divemaster was the true screw up, yet PADI will do nothing.
I've know Ray for years, and would not hesitate to go on his boat again, however he get's screwed in this situation becasue he trusted the DM. I'm sure he will never let this happen again and will take steps to see that it dosn't.
It is possible even if you do everything right to be swept away in a sudden strong current. Do you want to be left behind if that happens to you? I have no love for Mr. Carlock, but your blaming him for being left behind is pathetic.
My whole problem with this incident is PADI completly absolving themself of any responsibility for the actions of the DM/instructor they certified. If PADI was truly a stand up orginization they would suspend Zacharias Araneta's DM/instructor cerification. You should mad at PADI's dismal failure rather than blame the victim.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]