Re: thanks for edit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on May 21, 2004 at 11:20:08:

In Reply to: vyper is not posted by jpeck on May 21, 2004 at 07:37:24:

Yes, its the Cobra...I had the Vyper on my mind for some reason.

Since you asked, here are the reasons I personally like an air integrated computer:

- It tells me my air remaining time in addition ot the standard time to deco. Not critical info; but its nice to see and allows you to be a little lazier when it comes to converting PSI to time left.

- It calculates my air consumption (change in PSI during dive) which helps me on improving my bottom time (in the last year I've improved the time via dropping lead, daily exercising, and watching my breathing rate. Net result is 20 to 30% more bottom time. Truthfully, daily aerobic exercise is actually the main ingredient.)

- Its one less piece of gear (as opposed to a wrist mount) and the Cobra is definitely very streamlined to reduce drag and dangle (though argueably my wife's pressure guage and Oceanic computer on a console accomplish virtually the same thing, but the net cost is about the same as an air integrated computer anyway).

- Its harder to lose than a wrist computer...if you lose it, youre REALLY out of luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]