Re: The real shame....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John R on May 25, 2004 at 15:21:50:

In Reply to: The real shame.... posted by Aaron on May 25, 2004 at 12:36:09:

I agree with the Game Warden here. Now don’t get me wrong. If people are coming in the middle of night to search your house without probable cause and a search warrant, or if officers are searching your "wife's vagina" as Freedom Fighter puts it, then yes, by all means, you have been robbed of your constitutional rights. You should pursue having that crooked cop put in jail. But having your dive bags checked by a Game Warden after you have been diving, IS NOT, I repeat, IS NOT a violation of the 4th amendment or any other amendment of the Constitution. If you try to stop him and he warns you to move but you don’t- and then he pepper sprays you, well it’s your own fault. He has the authority to check your dive bags, your BC pockets, your tanks (there have been divers who have used false tanks) and anywhere else on the boat.

Freedom Fighter mentioned the “dumb” fish and game laws. Well, some of the rockfish regs are dumb, but the rest of the regs work and it’s all we've got to make sure our kids have something to look at in the future. Freedom fighter is a dumb liar who made himself look like a fool at the expense of trying to humiliate Game Wardens. Thanks to bt5325 for responding and clearing this whole thing up. BT, if I run into you in the field, I will be sure to thank you for staying up all night on the weekends for trying to catch those rat-bastard poachers. BT, if you ever catch this Freedom Fighter guy breaking the law, I hope you throw the book at him.

JR

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]