Re: Do lobster hunters mentor each other

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Finfan on May 27, 2004 at 17:34:28:

In Reply to: Do lobster hunters mentor each other posted by Elaine on May 27, 2004 at 16:36:00:

When I first started monitoring this board I asked for and recieved several suggestions from other lobster hunters. Several of those on this Board were quite helpful and shared many a secret technique or place.

I, in return have also provided tips, tricks and even locations for taking game, especially lobsters. My initial visits to the Board were quite rewarding and valuable.

As you can see however, I now rarely post since my interest of game taking (and eating) has on numerous occasions become the target of judgements from environmentalists, extremists and even those like yourself consumed with photography. At one point someone (I believe it was you although I could be mistaken) even suggested that I was poaching and would love to invite a game warden to my fish frys. I've always encouraged catch and release and only taking legal limits as defined by fish and game.

It was a much nicer place when everyone's "love" of the ocean for their interests was respected. As such I now only correspond or mentor those hunters who email me directly.

Still loves to hunt!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]