Posted by Eric Frasco on May 28, 2004 at 00:13:57:
In Reply to: Re: size & gender posted by Walt on May 27, 2004 at 17:59:28:
As Jason said below, swap meets usually were in April. However, there was no swap meet at the Marina Del Rey SC this year. I called and was told that there was not going to be any more swap meets. I don't know if this was just MDR-SC, or if all SC shops had discontinued their swap meets.
If anyone knows of any other swap meets, please post when and where. I always have something to unload, and it is easier (from my point of view) to use this kind of service rather than try to link up with a second party or use eBay.
Serious words on used gear:
1) Masks and fins - sure, if they fit and are in good repair.
2) Wetsuits - maybe, if in new or low use condition. Old wetsuits won't keep you warm, even if they fit well.
3) Cylinders - purchase only on condition of passing Hydro and VIP (even if VIP is current).
4) BCDs and Analog guages - purchase only on condition of passing inspection by a certified repair technician.
5) Computers and Regulators - don't buy used unless you are an expert and know what you are getting into, and all original documents (annual service statements/receipts) and literature are included.
Important words: When it comes to life support equipment, LET THE BUYER BEWARE. Purchase only from reliable professional sources. Don't put yourself at risk just to save a buck. You get what you pay for, so make sure YOU ARE NOT PURCHASING STOLEN EQUIPMENT. GET A WRITTEN RECEIPT WITH THE CA DRIVERS LICENSE # OF THE PERSON SELLING IT TO YOU. If the gear is marked with initials on it that are different from the name of the guy selling it to you, ASK QUESTIONS!
Remember: If the price is too good to be true, do more research before you lay down your cash.
Post a Followup