Ventura CINMS Lecture Series

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on May 28, 2004 at 00:35:10:

All:

I recently received a post card from my friends at the Santa Barbara/Ventura CINMS with the information attached below. I'm posting it here on the BBS as it has lots of interesting topics that I am sure many of you would be interested in. It is somewhat of a drive from the LA area up to Ventura, but some of these lectures will be very interesting. I have seen Julie Bursek give a Fish ID lecture (a few years ago), and she did a great job. Her June lecture looks very interesting. Pat Smith is also an excellent lecturer. I don't know the other lecturers, but many of the topics sound interesting.

At any rate, I thought I'd share this information with you. If any dive clubs out there want one of these lecturers to come and give an encore presentation, there is always the possibility that it could happen. Just use the contact info below to get in touch with the person giving the presentation. And finally, the Alolkoy is a great read, sign up for it! (see details below)

-Eric-
Past President, Greater Los Angeles Council of Divers (www.glacd.org)

--------------------------------------------------

From Shore to Sea Lecture Series
The Channel Islands National Park and Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary (CINMS) announce a year long lecture series that will feature ongoing research at the Channel Islands by experts in their fields of study.

Lectures are free and open to the public. No reservations are required. 1901 Spinnaker Drive in Ventura Harbor at 7:00 pm.

Jun 2, 2004 Julie Bursek Channel Islands Fish Monitoring
Jul 7, 2004 Brent Stewart Seals and Sea Lions of the Channel Islands
Aug 4, 2004 Pat Smith Channel Islands Shipwrecks
Sep 1, 2004 Tim Coonan State of the Island Fox
Oct 6, 2004 Sharon Melin Foraging Behavior of Seals and Sea Lions
Nov 3, 2004 Peter Sharpe Bald Eagle Status
Dec 1, 2004 Don Morris Mammoths and Men

Revised Draft CINMS Management Plan to be released in 2004. To sign up to receive a copy, e-mail NOSPAM_mp.request@noaa gov (remove NOSPAM_ from the address before using) or write to:
Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary
113 Harbor Way STE 150
Santa Barbara, CA 93109

If you don't already receive the sanctuary's newsletter, "Alolkoy" you're welcome to a free subscription. Please send requests to NOSPAM_rebecca.young@noaa.gov (remove NOSPAM_ from the address before using), or call 805-966-7107.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]