There are numerous dive shops in LA and Orange counties.

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on July 06, 2004 at 18:25:03:

In Reply to: best first scuba site posted by Stephanie Yang on July 06, 2004 at 11:06:49:

I do not live in the big city. Or I would recommend a good dive instructor to you. Which is the most important thing. I imagine Chris may know some good dive shops/instructors. The best dive course is a subject for debate.

I may get flamed for this one. Most dive shops will try to sell a bunch of new equipment to newly certifitied divers. I would recommend on holding off on purchases. Till you have a chance to get some experience and develop your own personal taste in equipment. There is a great deal of information and countless opinions about dive gear on the internet. Look, try, then buy.

If you are going to be diving in California. Take your dive course in California. Trust me on this one. A dive course at some tropical resort. Will not prepare you for cold water, kelp, surf and erratic weather conditions of California. Besides taking a dive class locally, will give you a chance to find buddies in your area.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]