Mendo Dreaming

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on July 10, 2004 at 20:00:20:

We finally made reservations. We're late, but I think we got a good place.
This is the time of year when Eric has his dive party at Van Damme Beach Campground just a couple miles south of Mendocino. This year, I hear that the Redwood Divers Club will be there as well. I figure that Dale, Steve, Larry and others I have met will make it, as well as a lot of new folks to meet..
We reserved a cottage about 5 miles south of Mendocino and less than a mile south of where the main dive party will be at Van Damme State Park. We will be right next to the Heritage House Inn.
Now the diving will be great I am sure and you will get a report on that with pics, but in preparing for the trip, I saw some other topside stuff as well that seemed pretty neet. Stay with me and check these links for what looks like fun.
We will be staying next to the Heritage House Inn. It's a beautiful farmhouse/hotel/cottages/B&B right on a lightly visited Mendocino Shore Cove. This is where the redwoods grow down to the water. This place would make a 5 in the Michelin book. They have this great piano bar and restraunt there. I hear that we are welcome to use their amenities and access. Not many divers go to that cove.
Now, there is one problem. There is a big tub at the cottage, but no Jacuzzi. So I found out about this place in Mendocino, The Sweetwater Spa With tubs/saunas for rent by the hour. Massages are available too.
Mendo is just fun with all the galleries, curiosity stores and coffee shops.
I haven't gone in years, so I plan to go back to the Mendocino Coastal Botanical Gardens. Not only are the gardens beautiful, but they put sheltered benches where the best of the shoreline vistas are. ... The next week is an art show there.
Besides this stuff, there is great kayaking, the Skunk Train throught the forest, many wineries, fishing, hiking, horseback rides along the beach and other things including some of the best diving in the world. Most of all is the incredible natural beauty of the California North Coast.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt
Previous North Coast reports:
Eric's Picture Gallery
Van Damme Trip
Gerstle Cove

The north side of Van Damme Cove

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments: