My new business. - NDR - spam spam spam spam.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on July 10, 2004 at 21:57:48:

For anyone who is interested or may know someone that is interested I started a new business called Pacific Coast Marine.

I specialize in fiberglass and gelcoat repair. I also will repair/weld and re-coat steel boats (which includes boat trailer repair and/or re-fit, and I have knowledge in plywood/glass contruction and the repairs using epoxies.
I have the equipment to weld and fabricate items out of stainless steel and I will soon be set up for aluminum.
The only thing I will not work on is wood plank construction (old monterey fishing boats, Hackercraft, and the other famous mohogany planked runabout, can't think of the name right now. I've got another guy for that stuff).
I am planning to design and construct a line of specific dive boats similar to mine except out of steel. These boats will be the toughest workhorse tank on the ocean that will be able to withstand extreme punishment. They will not be frilly with lots of nice shiny gel and upholstery better that your car and cool looking dashes, no. They will be bare bones, simple, hard core, beat the crap out of it and don't worry about it type of boats. I am going to build a few prototypes and get them up on a website. All this is in the works.

I just got back from Eureka where I worked for 6 weeks repairing and re-texturing the decks on a 55 ft. trimaran for a guy who will be taking it to mexico and running sailing charters off it. He want's to do dive charters also and wanted to hire me as his divemaster to run the show. I had to decline because of family and commitments. The whole time I'm thinking "dammit, where was this guy 20 years ago when I could've been all over it!!!

You're wondering now how is this dive related. Well, many of you dive off your own boats right? And I'm sure occasionally some damage occurs to your boat here and there, so now you have another source for info. You guys can pick my brain all you want regarding your own repairs. I will do my best to help. I also know a hell of a lot about metals and refinishing so if you have any scuba tank recoating questions please ask.

Eric Sedletzky
Pacific Coast Marine
Santa Rosa, Ca.
(707) 538-1276

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title: