North Coast dive party update.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on July 10, 2004 at 22:38:22:

August 5th thru 8th, remember this. Less than a month away!
These are the dates for the 4th annual Van Damme campout and dive party.
A couple of threads below posted by Chris and seahunt show very nicely how beautiful Northern California can be both topside and underwater. If you ever wanted to dive the Northern coastline this is your chance.
Van Damme campground is about 2 miles south of the town of Mendocino tucked away in a redwood and alder forest with ferns, flowers, and lots of resident wildlife. You can regularly see many types of birds, rabbits, deer, racoons, chipmonks, including some bald eagle sightings that I have been hearing about. A few miles north towards shelter cove is a population of elk living in the forest that people see on regular basis. Do you have this stuff in L.A.?
There are a number of wineries and microbreweries around too that are neat to visit if you haven't been.

Underwater you will see all the usual suspects as Southern California except no Garibaldi, bugs, GSB, or Calicos. These will be replaced with about 4 times as much of everything else including anemonies, giant pacific octopus, wolf eels, puget sound box crabs (really cool to look at) and of course thousands of red abalone. There are also lingcods, a whole array of other fish, rock scallops and salmon.

If this sounds like something you would like to attend please contact me at sedletzky2sonic.net and I will fill you in ton the details.

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]