Re: Is the BottomScratcher the Iron Eagle Reincarnate?

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RulesRulesandMoreRules on July 22, 2004 at 13:57:42:

In Reply to: Re: Is the BottomScratcher the Iron Eagle Reincarnate? posted by A Little Reading on July 22, 2004 at 12:05:59:

Here are the rules of the road.
See part (e) for the rule that would probably apply in the Catalina situation.

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/navrules/rules/rule27.htm

d) A vessel engaged in dredging or underwater operations, when restricted in her ability to maneuver, shall exhibit the lights and shapes prescribed in subparagraphs (b)(i),(ii) and (iii) of this Rule and shall in addition when an obstruction exists, exhibit:

i. two all-round red lights or two balls in a vertical line to indicate the side on which the obstruction exists;
ii. two all-round green lights or two diamonds in a vertical line to indicate the side on which another vessel may pass;
iii. when at anchor, the lights or shapes prescribed in this paragraph instead of the lights or shapes prescribed in Rule 30, for anchored vessels. [Inld]

(e) Whenever the size of a vessel engaged in diving operations makes it impracticable to exhibit all lights and shapes prescribed in paragraph (d) of this Rule, the following shall be exhibited:

i. Three all-round lights in a vertical line where they can best be seen. The highest and lowest of these lights shall be red and the middle light shall be white;
ii. a rigid replica of the International Code flag "A" not less than 1 meter in height. Measures shall be taken to ensure its all-round visibility.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]