Reefs Seekers and Nitrox/Rebreather-phobia

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Unebelievable on July 29, 2004 at 15:54:24:

I was going to book a trip on a particular charter boat everyone knows about and likes the boat, the crew and especially the Captain, but a colleague of mine has informed me that Reef Seekers refuses to allow anyone on boats they charter that has anything other then air in their cylinder and refuses to allow anyone with rebreathers on their charters.

I have been on the boat that they have charted with my rebreather and never had a problem with the boat or Captain....

Because rumors are lame and usually not true I just called Reef Seekers and spoke with a Tony to my recollection. He verified that they will not allow anyone other then scuba with air on their charters and that means no rebreathers.

Now I am the first to understand that they can sell to whomever they want even if it may be illegal, but I prefer to side with freedom of association.

But by the same token, along with various freedoms come another freedom, and that is speech, and that means letting everyone know about their verified policy.

Remind me never to swing by their store and purchase equipment while you're at it, I dive with a rebreather and refuse to give $ to business that is so phobic about equipment. I was helping organize a social club function aboard the particular boat chartered by Reef Seekers, now I am going to look for a different dive store for the charter.

That is the beauty about market freedom, it is a two way street.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]