Re: What it takes ...

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ScubaStan on July 30, 2004 at 17:15:14:

In Reply to: Re: What it takes ... posted by John M. on July 30, 2004 at 14:16:17:

I don't know if he has any siblings at all, but I bet he has enough money to buy a couple! Just kidding around.

If you are interested in finding out more info on why we can't get any more artificial reefs, contact San Diego Oceans Foundation. From what I can find, they did the sinking of the Yukon or at least manage the site. I am sure that all of the same people that gripe about all the oil drilling off our coast are the same ones that would lobby against sinking of any ships for divers to enjoy exploring regardless of how clean and relatively safe it might be. Maybe there are other reasons like money. I mean California is so far in debt, how can our legislature justify buying a 888' Aircraft Carrier to sink for fun? Hold on..Let me write out a check!

Personally, I have yet to dive on the Yukon, but will be diving it on August 8th. I wish there were more interesting things to see underwater than the usual fish, reefs, and such.

My 2 cents.

Stan Heston

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]