I went Ab diving last sunday

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on August 03, 2004 at 22:31:31:

A buddy and I went up to Fisk Mill Cove last sunday and found 25 foot vis and a minus tide. There must have been 250 cars parked along the road between Pedotti's Ranch and Fisk. They were all rock pickers.
The tide was very early so most of the pickers were already out of the water and drinking beer in the parking lot (at 7:30 in the morning??)

The diving was great!
We had, like I said, 25 foot vis and there was very little swell, maybe 2-3 feet. The water was glassy and the fog very thick.
On one dive I came down right on top of a well camoed huge Cabezon and when he took off it scared the sh_t out of me.
Most of our diving was in 30 feet average and this spot has some gorgeous underwater terrain, as does most of the North Coast.
We both got our limits, nothing huge, 8 1/2's or so but it was a
quick meat run anyway.
We also had a seal that followed us around the entire time we were out there. This seal had some sort of strange fin fetish as it would NOT leave my long freediving fins alone. I need to check them for little seal bite marks because I know he/she got a hold of them a few times.
This dive was a great warm up for the big party up at Vandamme this coming weekend.
I truely feel sorry for anyone that is not going to be there, I really do.

Some day we will have to discuss the phobias some people have about Northern California.

Have a nice day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]