Re: UK diver wants to dive Chan. Islands in October

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on August 17, 2004 at 13:02:08:

In Reply to: UK diver wants to dive Chan. Islands in October posted by Peter McCready on August 16, 2004 at 07:37:49:

Peter:

Getting around in LA can be challenging, you need to know the neighborhoods and have a good map. To find out more about Los Angeles, go here: http://www.ladiver.com/

I would recommend that you consider Santa Barbara. It is smaller than LA, geared towards tourism, is 105 miles north of LA and can be easily reached by car or train. The downtown area is compact, making it easy to get around on foot. Within walking distance from the train station is Truth Aquatics (www.truthaquatics.com). Lots of good diving out at the Northern Channel Islands during the time of year you plan on being here. The only problem about October is that lobster season opens, so the boats are usually completely booked up and everyone is hunting for game (so you may not be happy diving here in October if you are opposed to taking game). One other good thing about Santa Barbara: you can also get in some good beach dives.

South of LA is San Diego. Also a nice place to visit. It is a lot more spread out than Santa Barbara, making transportation a little more difficult. But they do have Wreck Alley and have a good number of dive boats. So you may want to consider that as well. Any of you folks from San Diego have comments or suggestions?

If you have any specific questions, remove the _NOSPAM_ from my eMail address and contact me directly.

-Eric Frasco-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]