Dive Report: Farnsworth Bank with the Sea Divers

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris on August 17, 2004 at 16:10:54:

Last Sunday August 15, 2004 I went to Farnsworth Bank with the Sea Divers on the Great Escape. We left the dock ay 4AM and arrived at Farnsworth at about 7:50 AM. There were two small boats fishing the area, but they were not over the high spot so Captain Tim dropped anchor directly on the high spot.
We did two dives there. The visibility was about 50-70 feet with the water temperature being about 60°F at 90 feet. The bank was beautiful as usual and there were massive schools of mackerel jack swimming above it.
Our next dive was a Cape Cortes. On this dive I did not take any pictures, but it was a very pretty dive with about 40-50 foot visibility and 62°F water.
Our last dive of the day was at the West End. I swam to the kelp right off the end of the island and hung in 20 feet. I saw school after school of California Barracuda swim by. I experimented with some natural light (no strobe) pictures on this dive and managed to get a few that were ok, but not great. The visibility at the west end was only about 40 feet, however the water at 20 feet was a very warm 66°F.
It was a good trip with some very good diving. My pictures from the trip can be seen in the link below.

Pictures of the Sea Divers Trip to Farnsworth Bank

... Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]