Dive Report 8-20-04

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jimmy on August 21, 2004 at 15:28:51:

Bought a new Light Cannon last week and have been wanting to try it so I called Laguna Sea Sport for a dive report and found 25 foot vis with 2 foot surf so I headed out after work to Shaws Cove for a night dive meet up with two buddys and about 9:45 headed in we swam out about 40 yards took a heading for the mouth of the crevice and droped down to the sand in about 17 fsw and headed for the crevice at the mouth we ran into several small what I believe were thornback rays they could of been round sting rays but they were really light gray second subject a small morry eel swam buy he was only about 2 foot long and hung around under a piece of kelp that was sitting on the bottom further in we found lobster a whole lot of lobster legal too its like the lobster know when the season is open cause they are gone during lobster season anyways we continued on and ran into a fairly large octopus when we got near it flatened itself on the bottom and changed colors next up a flying fish yep a flying fish it was dying though we checked it out and continued on at the end of the crevice we took the channel to the left that they call the canyon and swam up on a huge batray sitting on the bottom when we got near he took of and did a few circles above us and then swam off he had to be 6 feet from wingtip to wingtip any way bottom temp was 73 suunto degrees dive was 30fsw for 50 min

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]