Re: To all Channel Islands charter boats

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Designated Divers of El Dorado Hills on September 10, 2004 at 12:03:53:

In Reply to: Re: To all Cannel Islands charter boats posted by Bob on September 10, 2004 at 07:49:04:

You say you were on the boat, but were you diving? I enjoyed the trip too. I've discussed my views on the crew and food with the dive master, I will not include them here.

Probably from lack of research, I was not aware that the SSA group was chartering the boat to take students out to entry level dive sites. I knew that the SSA was the "Charter Masters", but I thought it was a group of intructors, not students. I did expect to go to advanced dive sites. I agree it is good that the itinerary should come as close as possible to include sites that match the level of divers, but the divers should be informed if there is going to be a focus on student groups. If I had a group and chartered a boat, I would want to go to my preferences. If others come along with that knowledge, than there should be no complaints.

It should not matter whether the boat is 10 feet or 110 feet, you should pay for what you want, and get what you pay for. Can someone tell me what a "six pack" is, in dive boat terms?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]