Re: Dive computers

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by So Cal Divin on September 14, 2004 at 15:04:46:

In Reply to: Dive computers posted by Alan on September 14, 2004 at 07:34:10:

I had the same mind set you have when I bought my dive computer. I was looking at the Suunto Mosquito and Vyper. Vytec was too expensive and didn't trust wireless tech underwater under pressure as my main life support.
I ended up with the Mosquito. Since owning I've forgot it once. I don't normally wear jewlery or a watch only my wedding ring. And forgot the strap extension once just threw it in my bc pocket. Vyper doesn't need an extension strap but buttons were hard to use with thick gloves. Also forget to put the face plate cover on all the time has 2 nice scratces already

In hindsight I would have bought the Sherwood Wisdom w/hose disconnect. There are to many pros than cons for me. Air integrated, dont have to take it off and put it back on every time I take my suit top off, can disconnect it to go over dive or log in my book and never forget I left it on my nightstand at 5am.
It's all personal preference.
Pro in my book if I find a Wisdom cheap or old Oceanic AI on Ebay then I'll have the best of both worlds and a safety margin with one as a back-up.

Good luck Jeff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]