Try before you buy

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on September 15, 2004 at 12:24:24:

In Reply to: Need Help/Equipment Advice???? posted by TomR on September 14, 2004 at 14:24:18:

There is a smorgasbord of dive equipment manufacturers nowadays. Years ago I bought nothing but US Divers or Scubapro and considered everything else junk. Today things are much different. I would try if possible before you buy. There is a lot to be said for personal taste and comfort. Are you going to be a warm water diver only? Will you ever dive double tanks or dive ice?

I personally dive a Scubapro Knighthawk BC with wetsuit or less. It is a very comfortable BC. I own 6 BC's and have dove a couple dozen others over the years. The Knighthawk is my favorite as far as BC's go. My buddy dives a Superhawk and I prefer the Knighthawk over it.

When I dive colder water and usually dry. I use my Dive Rite TransPac and Venture wing. I consider the Knighthawk more comfortable, but the Transpac follows closely and is much more veratile. I cannot dive doubles, because of a back injury or I would have a Back Plate and Wings.

I have several rigs for my family. I use and am very happy with Scubapro, Poseidon, US Divers (Aqualung)regulators. I plan to replace my Dacor rig with Atomic or Apek. I have been happy with them all. I personally would upgrade higher than the MK2, but that is just me. I personally love my Poseidons, but many people hate them. They are not my first choice for shallow dives nor would Scubapro be my first choice for ice dives.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]