Re: dive sherpa

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 20, 2004 at 19:30:52:

In Reply to: dive sherpa posted by Chris on September 20, 2004 at 17:26:00:

I started to build a Dive Sherpa a couple o fyears ago. The plan was to use a big lawn cart (the big tire green ones at teh home improvement store) and convert it to electric drive with a 12 volt gel cell battery. It was loosley based on my daughter's Barbie Jeep.

By making it a chain or belt drive, it would not easily roll away without power applied. I was glong to put a switch on the handle so if I walked ahead of it, it would follow, but if I dropped the handle or lost my grip, it would stop.

The safety (really anti-theft switch was going to be a magnetic device made of a reed switch like used for window alarms and a maghnet that I woudl move over the correct location to enable the unit.

I figured it could easily do Malaga, Cardiac Path, and a few others that had a decent trail. Even Vets park and any place with handical access.

Bought a boat instead and now rarely get to dive PV anymore. All I do is pay enough to buiuld a sherpa a month and never get to play. I think I screwed up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]