Lobster recipe

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard_in_Newport on September 25, 2004 at 10:33:52:

Okay, okay, under pain of torment from the Peace deckhands, here's my favorite lobster recipe (passed down to me by an ancient wizard posing as a cook aboard the Turks & Caicos Aggressor):

For 6 average sized lobsters (2 to 3 lbs or so):

3 cups chunky salsa (hot & spicy works best, but medium is okay)
1 cup sour cream
1/2- cup Caesar salad dressing
1/2- cup French salad dressing
2 big tablespoons mayonnaise

Thoroughly mix all of the above ingredients together in a glass bowl and set aside. Carefully remove the lobsters completely from their shells, keeping them intact. Dunk each lobster completely in the sauce, covering them thoroughly, and place them on a cookie sheet. Pour the excess sauce over the lobsters. DO NOT COVER the lobsters (the sauce keeps them from drying out). Bake at 375 deg. for 35 minutes. At that point, sprinkle generous amounts of Parmesian or Romano cheese over each lobster and return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes or so, just until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!

PS The best way to store lobsters I have found is to freeze them covered in milk half & half in heavy-duty ziplock bags. The frozen liquid prevents freezer burn, while the milk fat seeps into the meat, giving the lobsters (when thawed) a very nice flavor and texture. Lobsters will keep in the freezer for well over a year when frozen this way.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]