Scuba instructor referral

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on October 05, 2004 at 07:11:40:

In Reply to: Need scuba instructor referral posted by No Worries on October 04, 2004 at 21:23:34:

I you want personal-level training, try the instructors at this site: http://www.lascuba.com/lessons.html It lists names, locations, phone numbers and email addresses of the instructors. Although its LA-County focused, there are instructors near you. I can attest to thier high standards of instruction, especially when it comes to beach diving!

My PADI instructor looked for the calmest beach for her SC class and didn't spend any time at teaching proper beach entries when I got my beginner OW (even though my instructor was otherwise very good - a NAUI, UICC crossover with 4000 dives, so that says something). And that was BEFORE SportChalet shortened the course times.

If you don't dive local beaches, you're missing out on some great, inexpensive diving!

Some SportsChalet PADI instructors are great, but the focus is too much on pushing students out and onto the next course. Its a shame, as these instructors would like to have more time to really teach. You're wise to avoid 'diver mills'.

Good luck!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]