Opening 4 day

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim on October 05, 2004 at 20:19:20:

2004 Big, Bug, Quest…..

This is a very short version of what happened, as I need to get ready for a 6-day marathon, and I will send Chris pics of this event.
Friday night everyone arrived in a timely manor. We left the dock at 11:30 pm, on our way to Cortez. Out the gate we knew we would not make Cortez. Now the real issue, where to go? Something I have been wanting to do, and did for the first time was to stop at Cat and dive. 1/3 of the divers got up, and they collected 47 bugs on two dives. Not shabby.
We then went to SBI for the day. It was not good. Only a few bugs. That night though, off to Cortez. 7 hours latter, and not a bad ride we were there. First dive, divers back, bag o bugs. Second diver, bag o bugs. Then it tapered off. Still we collected 87 bugs for the day.
Fun part was the weather. It was turning to shit. And it did. I got up at 9pm and looked at he swells and wind. It was Gale Force. I was not happy to stay but did not think we could leave. At 2am the wind calmed down a little. I mustered the crew and with all working together we got the "hell out of Dodge". Next day I talked to the "Horizon" and they said we left in the nick of time. They really caught hell, and left only two hours latter.
We ended the trip at Catalina and all had a great time. In fact so much so that a 3-day trip has been scheduled for Jan. back to Cortez.

Captain Tim
Great Escape Charters

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]