PV shark sighting

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lobsterdon on October 06, 2004 at 08:42:33:

In Reply to: Re: Opening Night Dive Report posted by Max Bottomtime on October 04, 2004 at 22:20:38:

Where was the shark you saw? We have been seeing at least one maybe 2 sharks from 5 to 7 ft off the big mansion on PV that is about halfway between flat rock and rocky point (right north of the big drain pipe). It has been mostly in 25 ft of water, but yesterday, it followed my wife for almost the whole dive in about 15 ft of water, inside the kelp. As luck would have it, I went down with my camera on the same dive but it did not visit me. It has all the characteristics of small Mako except I didn't think they hung out in shallow water reef areas. The first time I saw it, there was a lot of baby baracuda in the water and I thought it was feeding on them. The shark is not aggresive, it will come at you, and it will spook if you move toward it or blow a lot of bubbles at it. It is a beuatiful fish and an ausome experience to dive with it. I have a deal with it, I won't shoot him if he doesn't bite me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]