Destruction Divers at it Again.

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by James on October 11, 2004 at 16:23:43:

Went to a small wreck in the Santa Monica Bay that I have been diving for over THIRTY YEARS. What makes it special during Lobster season is, if you are not a great Lobster "catcher", most of the bugs can escape and hide far out of reach to live another day. You can see them but they are safe from reach. When I arrived this season I found that someone had "TORN" the entire front end off the wreck so that they would have better access (easier) to the Lobsters. Problem is, the Lobsters dont feel as safe, so they dont linger there anymore. It was bad enough when the Calif Wreck Divers "Stole" the brass props that had been there for over twenty years, but now the wreck is more quickly deteriorating into a rust pile. What a bunch of jerks! I understand that these spots dont "belong" to anyone, but with all of the GPS numbers appearing on the internet, any Dufas with a tank and a boat now has access to them. It is a shame they dont require a minimum IQ score to dive these spots that have been around a long time. We left them as they were, why cant they leave them as they were?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]