SIR LANCELOT. YES THEY WERE

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim on October 13, 2004 at 21:45:16:

Ship's log: Wednesday, October 13, 2004

On Friday, October 8th, we were at San Clemente Island. We were trying for Cortez Banks but the Navy had the area in between closed. We opted for Pyramid Cove and were doing quite well when the San Clemente Island control called us and told us to leave as the area was going "hot".
I called the island control back and told them that as soon as my divers returned I would leave. I did though ask if this was a new closure as I and this boards' Webmaster checked the SCI schedule and this was not to be closed. All he said was it should have been and signed off. Nice guy.
Moved around to "Window Pane" and there we were boarded by Fish and Game. Nice guy who asked if we had taken any game and I told him yes. He came aboard and checked all the game. He found one small bug. What an amazing thing for SBI. He asked who's it was and nobody claimed it. We told him that several divers where in the water. He said he would come back after the divers returned.
The diver came back up, Fish and Game had returned, and was mad that someone had messed with his game bag. He made several comments about before the F&G officer asked him about it. He asked him twice if it was his and he said yes. He did receive a ticket for a short bug. Another diver left his license in his wallet in his car and got a ticket for that.
We get boarded almost every year during bug season. We had 15 or 20 legal bugs and 8 or 8 fish when boarded. Not a bad number for SBI.
I was going to make this post next week after I got a chance to relax a little as I am back out tomorrow for a 3 day trip, but saw the post below.
Until next time………….

Captain Tim Burke
Great Escape Charters

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL: