Chirsí rules for sizing lobster
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]
Posted by Chris on October 15, 2004 at 22:20:16:
I have posted this before, but since it is now buried in the archives I thought it would be a good time to share my rules for sizing lobster with you again.
- If it looks short --- it's short, leave it, move on.
- If it looks borderline -- it's short, leave it, move on.
- If there is the tiniest tinge of doubt in your mind -- it's short, leave it, move on.
- If it looks legal -- measure it before you bag it.
- If itís bigger around than a fat beer can -- bag it. (a.k.a. Fosterís rule)
- If itís two hander -- bag it.
- Bugs seem to shrink when you bring them to the surface -- measure them all again before you transfer them to the holding well. (a.k.a. the inverse pressure effect)
© Chris Grossman, diver.net
Post a Followup