Re: Can I dive in Belize or Caymans with a LA County C-card?

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on October 18, 2004 at 21:40:09:

In Reply to: Can I dive in Belize or Caymans with a LA County C-card? posted by Jed the Fish on October 18, 2004 at 16:39:11:

Chris attests to the LA County's international acceptance today - I'll let you know after November in Mexcico and next year in the Phillipines where I plan to use it. If you're thinking about taking up diving go ahead and get your beginning classes from a shop or instructor who won't stop working with you until you can demonstrate the skills. (The ADP program assumes you already know how to dive and have some experience.) Then start swimming and freediving to get yourself in shape ... your first pool session in the ADP requires a 300 meter swim, 50 foot underwater swim with pick-up of a 10 lb weight to the surface from 8' min depth, a 10 minute survival float with last 30 seconds with both hands out of the water and a 50 meter buddy tow. That's for starters - you'll learn about bailouts and D&R's later.

The LA County program was the first and is still the best dive training available for civilians. The next class starts July, 2005 and I sincerely hope you take it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]