Re: Fantastic trip Elaine

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brad on October 19, 2004 at 15:39:30:

In Reply to: Re: Fantastic trip Elaine posted by Elaine on October 18, 2004 at 21:03:52:

In August i was on a run from Nicolas to the Cortes and about 20 miles from the bank i came across a small turtle (about 24"). The little fellow swam right up to the skiff! I touched him on his back to keep him from clunking against the boat. That is the first time i have seen one that was not afraid of the boat. I took some great (above) video and went on my way....

I got a fair to poor picture of a turtle at SCI a few years ago, and like yours that one was having nothing to do with me...

Last wednesday i went back to the Cortes and spent the night out there. That place is depressing because it has been thoroughly trashed by the commercials. There is very litle resident life on the high plain. Thursday morning i made the run to Nicolas and spent the next two nights there. i saw the same Kelp rockfish with the birth mark that i had seen there two weeks earlier which is the same fish i had seen a year and a half ago at the same spot.

Anyway, you just have to keep getting in the water because you never know what magical experience awaits you!

Thanks again Elaine, for the great story!

Brad

(loves the sea)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]