Don't you guys think you are being VEry biased?

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by kylecawaza on October 21, 2004 at 21:56:34:

In Reply to: when I first got certified, I was told.... posted by ChrisM on October 21, 2004 at 16:59:59:

HEy, first i would liek to get clear, that i love California, but thought if I made it in the tone I did, I could get more pro california takes because, personally, I want California to be better diving.

Anyway, warm water does mean lack of sea life, but to the microscopic level.... Doesn't it?

I would like ot go swimming with whale sharks, seeing a very diverse range of fish, colourful ones too. From what I know, california does not have too diverse, triggerfish are rare, only 2 kinds of wrasses, no agel fish, only garibaldias kelp, and rock fish. Then you have kelp forests, and those are pretty cool but even thoguh there are many species of kelp, many look the same, and are just one(ish color) of yellowish brown green, and then coral you have ebvery color, as well as it usualyl being common. It would be fun to see reefs of hydrocoral rather thana small 6 inch piece living on a rock... etc..

anyway, I am assuming at least one person who responded has not gone to FL... So I think you should, I think its great!

BTW, tropical tree growing has FL CA rivalries too. lol. If any of you can grow a cocos nucifera or delonix regia grow outside and look good, you can win. lol. After going to Florida though, I think its impossible for CA to win, even though tropical gardening is not a game. lol.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]