Re: So you think that he may have "overbreathed" his reg.

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 26, 2004 at 16:09:55:

In Reply to: So you think that he may have "overbreathed" his reg. posted by Elaine on October 26, 2004 at 15:36:03:

I think it nearly impossible to definitively state with absolute certainty how the buildup occured. If I had to venture a guess I'd lean along the lines of increased workload which manifested itself towards poor exchanges and the resulting retention of C02.

Now that being said, I'm basing my analysis on the limited amount of available facts, for all we know this guy could have simply got entangled in the line and paniced. I've heard two varying reports on the matter. One had him retrieving the anchor with his buddy, while the other had him going down solo to set the anchor while the other's were topside. If he did have a buddy I'd be curious to hear his comments because I'm hard pressed to understand how you get so severly entangled in a line of you have a team member that is paying any kind of attention. But again it's important to note, we don't have the facts so these are my assumptions are based solely upon what information is available at this time.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]