Re: PADI dive insurance is a farce

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg M on November 02, 2004 at 21:11:11:

In Reply to: Re: PADI dive insurance is a farce posted by Jeff in landlocked @#$%^* Arizona on November 02, 2004 at 11:24:26:

I have no desire to skew PADI or V&B on this. I just want to let others know what I experianced first hand when calling for advice in the event I did have an issue. If V&B is so steadfast in defense of their response and service let them publish a FULL transcript of my conversation with Assist America, where among other things, I was offered advice such as, "There is nothing you can do to preclude the bends after the dive itself is complete." As in = no advice from their operator on not flying, heavy exercise, driving to higher altitudes, et. If V&B feels I have misrepresented my experiance, again, let them provide a full transcipt of my conversation, in it's totality, with Assist America. Than everyone can see for themselves what response they can expect in an emergency and decide if the response I had was the same one they would like to have if they had been bent.

What I AM saying is DAN probably has a better infrastructure to deal with getting you to a chamber, or hooking you up with a physician to discuss your condition. I am not saying my case is what anyone else would experiance, but it is what I did encounter. I did however cancel my PADI coverage and have reenlisted with DAN.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]