Mother Nature

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on November 09, 2004 at 10:56:07:

In Reply to: Sea Lions scare away fish from fishermen - Yahooooo! posted by Elaine on November 09, 2004 at 09:49:31:

There is a strategy that Mother Nature employs. She uses it to protect certain creatures and most creatures when they are young. These cute furry wide eyed little creatures stir up warm fuzzy feelings in some of us. Remember the tribles on Star Trek ;-)

I personally, am strongly opposed to seal bombs and shooting seals. I am concerned about the effect underwater explosions have on the enviroment including divers.

I don't believe in killing something. If you are not going to eat it. Blubber burgers won't give McDonalds much competition.

Unfortunately seals view fishing boats as a chow line. There are fishing laws concerning the size and species of fish. That fishermen are allowed to keep. Seals don't care about laws. They only see a easy meal on the hook. That undersize fish or endangered fish that the fisherman should/would release. Well,it has no chance against the seal.

The best thing about seals that I see. Is that white sharks prefer to eat them over humans.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]