Long Beach can't say much good about it.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on November 10, 2004 at 04:37:04:

In Reply to: Vandals attack Long Beach Aquarium posted by Max Bottomtime on November 09, 2004 at 16:38:14:

I use to live in Long Beach. Simply put, I just hate the town and consider it one of the worst cities I have seen. To get rid of this kind of scum in Long Beach. You would have to set up concentration camps and gas half the city.

Actually I was shocked that the Long Beach Aquarium was built. I am to familiar with the area and its history. Any one remember the Pike Amusement Park. They gutted this whole area and rebuilt it. Still you have the same bad neighborhood just a few blocks away.

I use to live there. One day some old woman was selling door to door. I was in the backyard and heard screams. The old woman was beaten and robbed on my front porch. Some youny punk about 13 years old tore off her wedding rings. Then took off on his bicycle, I jumped in my truck and took off after him, chasing him down back allys. He got away. Later when I came to my senses. I realized I would have done some serious physical harm to this kid. Since he was a minor I would have ended up in jail. I moved the next week from Long Beach -the a--hole of creation.

I have had much worse experiences in Long Beach, but this site is about diving.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]