Re: Nitrox

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on November 11, 2004 at 19:59:48:

In Reply to: Re: Nitrox posted by Doug Williams on November 09, 2004 at 09:34:24:

I got certified in 95 (I think) for NITROX and have never had any hesitation about its use. Still, the arguement I have usually heard is that you are less fatigued the next day. That I haven't seen even when using it all day on the Peace.
Given my style of diving, I don't need more bottom time and always leave my computer on air. I use NITROX for the safety margin since I know I am not in the shape I used to be. Still, since most of my dives are sprints, I don't worry about bottom time.
As for the NDL, I'm not that worried. I've done 7 tanks in a day (105 LP) at Cortes with depths from 73 to 129 on all tanks. I still had plenty of NDL. I never had to come up early.
I think it's great stuff, but for me it is icing, not cake.
>Anyway to each his own, I just find it funny that the "old school" is so resistant to change.
Sorry, but ya sound like Kane. As for my resistance, I take what seems good. I got a computer before I could afford one (stole my friends Skinny Dipper to date that). I took a NITROX class before it was popular. I got a backplate/wing combo as soon as I tried one, which was pretty early. I think I've adjusted my kit as things came along that I liked. As for what I keep, tell me one thing you know of that would improve my diving that I haven't made my own decision on. I think I have a great system. I have made dives comfortably where most divers couldn't dive and that has always been based on my skill, not my gear.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]