Burst pressure is likely 3600 to 4000 for 2400 rated

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on November 12, 2004 at 09:49:42:

In Reply to: Valve ratings posted by Captain Tim on November 11, 2004 at 18:46:28:

I've been recently confused by this as well, as I was looking at an H valve configuration that had this rating (2400) and recently bought HP80 's that had an odd rated psi (3442) for the burst disk.

I called PST and asked about my tanks - they said the rated burst pressure was set by engineering and that since the new valve for this series has a din to yoke conversion, that was the pressure it was calculated out to be...if you fill by yoke you get around 64 cu fit and by DIN (300 bar), 80 cu ft.

Tim, what I'd do would be to fill the tank at the tank's rated pressure (plus 10% if so indicated by the hydro stamp) since the burst disk seems to have a wide upper end tolerance. The tank's working pressure is more important - know some people who get testy (and rightfully so) whan a LP tank is overfilled.

Divers should clearly mark their tanks' rated pressure near the valve in permanent marker to help the air fillers - I do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]