Re: New wreck in town

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scary Barry on November 26, 2004 at 09:51:22:

In Reply to: New wreck in town posted by H20 Tommie on November 26, 2004 at 08:08:15:

I just happened to be diving on the west side of Arrow Point this past Monday (total coincidence).

When my two buddies and I came up and flopped back onto our boat, some dude came up to us in a RIB with this aggressive "what the hell are you guys doing here"-type attitude. We had no idea what this guy's problem was, and he was being very obscure about why he was asking us so many questions. We finally were able to read between the lines...4 divers had lost their boat on the point a day or two before and it had totally broken up, and he appeared to be monitoring the site to keep any wreck rapers away because they were trying to recover some sweet outboards once they located the remains. At that point I wasn't so offended by his attitude, because I understand why he was being so vigilant. However I have no idea if he was legit...maybe he was a wreck raper himself who hadn't succeeded in finding anything yet.

For the record we saw absolutely no trace of any wreck...

I've never understood why something I bought and paid for with my own hard-earned money can become YOURS once it is underwater. Our salvage laws make no sense.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]