Go with Reef Club if you want a "southern" resort

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Barry on December 13, 2004 at 14:52:43:

In Reply to: Cozumel posted by JK on December 13, 2004 at 12:16:57:

I prefer the resorts in the "Southern Zone" of Cozumel...basically they are far removed from stinky El Centro (unless you like that sort of Tijuana-type atmosphere). They are also closer to all the dive spots, so less boat travel time. They also have more of that "Oasis in the middle of nowhere"-type flavor.

The Reef Club is the best value of all the Southern Zone resorts, IMHO. I didn't go with their in-house dive shop, however, so I can't vouch for them (Sand Dollar). I had heard really good things about Dive Paradise so I paid an extra $5/day to use them instead. If your party is 6 or smaller you can request one of their fast boats, which hold six divers max. I got really great, personal service with Dive Paradise on their little fast boats...it was great having only 5 other divers on board. I have talked to one person who had a bad experience with them, however...they did not get a fast boat and apparently didn't get good service. Sand Dollar certainly seemed competent enough, they just don't have the small boats.

But bottom line is I think Reef Club has the best value/comfort ratio of the bunch. I know 2 guys who go to Cozumel a lot and they will never stay anyplace else now.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]