Re: Cozumel

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard_in_Newport on December 13, 2004 at 15:12:33:

In Reply to: Cozumel posted by JK on December 13, 2004 at 12:16:57:

I'm a single diver and go to Cozumel 2-3 times a year on my own just to "chill out". I've been diving for years with Dive Paradise (2-tank morning "fast" boat; 1-tank afternoon "slower" boat; night 1-tank beach dive if I'm up to it). "Apple" (Renee Applegate, the owner) will always treat you right. I like to stay at the Hotel Barracuda, just south of the Naval Station-- it's cheap, clean, and the dive shop and boat pickup dock are right there. I also like to walk into town at night for supper, and downtown is only a 5-minute stroll from the Barracuda. (Once the cruise ships have left for the day, the town is a lot of fun at night!) (If you want something fancier with an all-inclusive meal plan, the Hotel Plaza las Glorias, just south of the Barracuda, has recently been upgraded to 4-star and now includes all meals.) Oh, and for single divers, plan on spending at least one night visiting the Caribbean Queen-- any taxi driver can take you there. (Hint: don't bring your wife or girlfriend!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]