Re: New to Scuba..again

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on December 19, 2004 at 22:08:52:

In Reply to: Re: New to Scuba..again posted by Mike on December 19, 2004 at 21:20:09:

Steel tanks are best. They are lighter, but less bouyant. So you carry less lead and have lighter tank. DIN valves are less to blow O-rings. I use a HP (DIN) steel tank 3500 psi. It is a very small tank for 80 cu ft. I have had back injuries in the past. So I like the smaller tank. Besides I don't like long tanks hanging off my ass.

I use a Bare dry suit which was $600. It is a good dry suit, but DUI is better, but at twice the price. The only thing I really would like to change. Is my zipper. I have the across the back zipper and I prefer across the chest zipper style. I would prefer to dress myself, but with a across the back zipper. A buddy is required. I also have a "pee" zipper. So I don't have to run for a buddy every time nature calls.

If you do go for a wet suit. You may want to consider a semi-dry wetsuit. I have two and they keep me very warm and sometimes hot. If your weight changes very much. A dry suit is more forgiving if you gain or lose 20 lbs.

All BC's will NOT keep your face out of the water.
Regards,
Mojo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]