Re: More Cozumel questions...

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard_in_Newport on December 20, 2004 at 10:02:25:

In Reply to: More Cozumel questions... posted by Hilary on December 19, 2004 at 20:36:32:

As I posted earlier, I have been diving with Dive Paradise for about 15 years, and still prefer that operation. However, like many of the dive operations on the Island, there is no question that Dive Paradise has evolved to meet the needs of vastly different skill levels now so prevalent in today's divers. Thus, they offer "slow boats" and "fast boats". The "slow boats" generally cater to groups of 12 or more, usually don't go to the far-south (advanced-diving) reefs, and involve group diving with allowance for individual styles-- taking photographs, etc. The "fast boats" will go out with as few as 4 divers, but no more than 6. (The "fast boat" program also includes a number of options, such as early-morning trips.) The "fast boats" will do advanced/deep/southern-reef diving so long as you satisfy the dive operation (log book, years certified, most recent diving, etc. if they don't know you) that you're up to it. There is also considerable allowance made for individual styles, e.g., time of surfacing, going into swimthroughs (Devil's Throat and the like), backpack diving, and so forth.

When I dive with Dive Paradise I generally do a 2-tank morning "fast boat" trip, back by about 1 pm, have lunch, then catch the 1-tank afternoon "slow boat" trip. I get just as much enjoyment out of the afternoon diving-- it's like an aquarium without walls!

Overall, I have found Dive Paradise to be dependable, safe, efficiently run, and priced right. Their boats show up on time, they offer a wide range of programs depending on your skill level, and the DM's make sure you have fun. My idea of a great vacation!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]