Whap-whap-whap

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by chik'n lit'l on January 09, 2005 at 13:53:57:

In Reply to: the black helicopters posted by are coming--- HELP! on January 09, 2005 at 12:57:30:

I just love this line: It might be tempting to take a lobster that's just a few inches too small, but Holmes said it's not worth the hassle.

Measuring with the 3 1/4" gauge, that's an awefully short lobster to begin with. Was the writer serious in accepting that quote from a fish and game warden? That would make the lobster shorter than that picture of one I saw below. A 1 1/4" body???

A poacher who was really intent on not getting caught would have spotters in the area watching marine radar and using their own infra-red goggles, no better yet infra-red binocs, looking out for the F@Gs. To anyone who has spent any seasonal time on the water knows, the wardens stick out like a sore thumb and really aren't that stealthy after all.

I got reported as being a poacher last year after someone took pictures of me and my boat after diving Catalina. Someone fabricated a snap shot with my stringer hanging out of the water. I had no poached game when I was met at the marina by a F@G person. My penalty for being accused, 3 hours at the dock while they searched my boat, dock space and truck. F@Gs wasted time on me as I am sure they do with other credible reports of someone poaching.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]